about me

Ex-Volunteer. From Spain. Disposed to share all those things that made me happy while I was living in Poland. ( 1st September 2006 - 24th June 2007). Two reasons: - not many people know about the European Volunteer Service. - not too many people know that nothing is impossible.

In Common rooms...

Dziupla.

The Art galery.

I worked with children in two different places: Amicus and Perspektywa. There, I took part in many activities for children and young people. In these places, children spent time after school, because most part of them come from very poor families, alcoholic parents with many children. In common rooms, kids can participate in a lot of interesting activities having social support. Volunteers played with chidren, helped them with their English homework.
We prepared games and went with them to a different places: Art galery, festivals, parties, swimming pool.

Working with children and collaborating in all those projects.....a wonderful experience.
I learnt more than I could never imagine. The hope of changing the future. The possibily of being happy, no matter what kind of family you are from, or how many problems you have.
It was hard sometimes, children are a big world to discover, and we didn´t speak the same language, so that´s why Sarah and me had to make a bigger efort.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do agree with you, my dear friend! Children are amazing. More than amazing! They have something special: the way they look at the world, the way they deal with problems, the way they stare at you when you tell them a story or when you say or do something they don´t expect... I love those naughty faces!!! Adults don´t usually realize there is a lot to learn from children, and that´s a pity... I miss them very much!
Something else... Congratulations for this wonderful work! I know this blog means a lot to you, and just for that reason it means a lot to me.
Love u!