about me

Ex-Volunteer. From Spain. Disposed to share all those things that made me happy while I was living in Poland. ( 1st September 2006 - 24th June 2007). Two reasons: - not many people know about the European Volunteer Service. - not too many people know that nothing is impossible.

Trainings



EVS offers volunteers formation and information during the project by two official Trainings: the arrival training and the mid-term meeting.

My arrival training was in Warsaw, in September 2006, when I had just arrived in Poland. Everything was new, there were so many things to learn, and so many questions to ask.
The seminar took place in a really nice Youth Hostel called "Agrykola". During a week, we had too many activities, we got to know other volunteers from all over Europe, and we went out everyday to see the capital of Poland.

The Mid- term Meeting took place in Torun, January 2007, one of the most beautiful cities in Poland, full of gothic buildings and famous because of Nicholas Copernicus, who used to live there. I was halfway through my project, and Sarah as well, so we went together.
The experience was difficult, too many experiences to share in too little time, but at the same time it was very useful, we learnt a lot, and there is something that we won´t ever forget: the book " who moved my cheese", which I think everyone who attended that seminar read many times after being in Torun.
Cause,"when you stop being afraid, you feel good"




No comments: